Sunday, April 5

Not Even With My Car Keys In My Pocket

At first you were my companion
Taking me through all my times
Good times and the bad ones
Then you left for bigger things
And grew small instead
Half of you faded,
I was dead
I've got you close here again
Living the way we should
Even if this is far from what we wanted
or what we could
I've got you back, sister
I don't want to lose you again
Why can't we look in eachother's eyes?
Why can't we understand?
We whisper screaming past eachother
Convinced the other one never bothers
I took my jacket and ran out of this door
Out of this place

realizing

I had nowhere to go
Not even with my car keys, in my pocket

And you ran after me
And we cried

Both of our lives are dying
But hell knows we never stopped trying

2 comments:

  1. "Then you left for bigger things
    And grew small instead
    Half of you faded,
    I was dead"

    these lines were just brillinat... the whole piece is damn fucking sweet, i love the feeling captured!!

    and these lines were also amazing! :-

    "I've got you close here again
    Living the way we should
    Even if this is far from what we wanted
    or what we could"

    Amazing job! Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it, I wasn't going to post it to begin with. It's very personal and not very explicit in my eyes. =)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories