Tuesday, April 21

Floods & Rains

You say I don't tell you anything
That I'm the quiet kind
Whenever I don't reveal every detail,
etched on my mind
I say you've got to ask me the questions,
I'm not telepathic,
ask me what you want to know
Maybe if you ever told me you were curious
Maybe if you ever showed some interest
Maybe if sometimes you cared
It'd be easier to tell you my pains
Tell you of my floods and rains
But now you never ask the questions,
And I never tell you a thing
This thing is supposed to run both ways
After all I'm someone you should know
I'm your daughter
And you should be seeing me
You should see me at all

6 comments:

  1. "But now you never ask the questions,
    And I never tell you a thing"

    Good lines, tho it sounds quite sad... :/

    Good ending, I liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad ;) Thanks for commenting =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, this hits hard. cos I just.. feel like that what comes to my mum...
    don´t have enough adjectives. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is about my mum, so I guess you're right in assuming, rocco. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this poem is great.. as usual, but it sounds quite sad. I'm sorry about that , bex :/ I really do hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories