Wednesday, November 4

Stealing Intelligence

It's dangerous to allow me to be really enthusiastic about something. Especially when it comes to writing. Especially when it comes to Nanowrimo. During November, I'm a detached asocial writer going to sleep when dawn strikes the sky. This year, strangely; more than ever.

Cade Sebastian is stealing my intelligence. He comes up with things I would never have figured out. He ties it all together, by himself. Ophelia named herself, after the HMS Ophelia that is sailed by the industrial steampunk band Abney Park. I was worrying I wouldn't quite use up all the 50K before the story was over, but as it looks, I should worry 50K won't cut it. One fifth into the story and Cade Sebastian is visiting the economy office. Plot needs to quickly advance forward against the highly anticipated ending that I for once have a vague idea what it's going to be.

Unless Cade is changing it without me knowing. I think he's quite capable of doing that.

I don't even much like the guy. He has the annoying habit having to do with light switches. He works in the city archives under Defence Acts and Records. And he likes it! He avoids his working place. He's set up his own, temporary working place two floors down in the middle of the archive because it's "practical". His drink of choice is bourbon on the rocks. Sometimes without the rocks. He doesn't like mirrors because they force him to face himself. He's an off-on smoker that can't decide whether he likes the nicotine or not. And although he's a perfectionist when it comes to archiving, he's a total and complete slob in his apartment, which he rents with the furniture included! The sofa that he always sleeps on instead of his bed is mouldy and makes him stiff in his back and neck but he won't budge.

And the worst part is he keeps outsmarting me! Gaah!

And I can assure you, it wasn't my idea to stay up til 5.40 AM writing. It was his. It was his, because he knew all along what was going to happen at the economy office, and I sat there dumbly, watching. It was his idea, and Nanowrimo's; because the feeling of hitting 10K is so extremely adrenaline-rewarding. And addictive! And now gents, we're talking 5 digit count!

I'm currently two and a half day ahead of daily count.

POET in the NANO-LAND TOE-ESCAPING JAR

PS. Actually I love the guy. Can't do much other than that when he's becoming such a strong character! DS.

3 comments:

  1. he´s taking over you! xD
    Luckily my Inari is pretty nice girl. she stil does what I tell her to do. even though it feels like I have no idea what is going to happen next...
    her mum is messing up with Inari and me. I´m starting to... hate her? well, she´s telling her daughter to die! horrible, horrible person...
    still under 10K. have to do something about it xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very interesting though. Why would her Mum tell her that? Gets me thinking ;)

    Hahaha, you're lucky! After 10K you'll have no control of her! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea why she is like that ^^ maybe I should find out. It doesn´t sound good if someone somewhere reads it and then asks me "why Inari´s mom was like that?" and I answer "well, I don´t know." xD

    yeah. I lost control xD she told me that she don´t want to die in fitting room like she was supposed to. damn. maybe after 20K she tells me that she won´t die at all...

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories