Saturday, November 7

World of Cade and Ophelia

Sorry to rant so much about novelling, guys; but as I usually say it's my best friend, someone who doesn't leave you for no good reason. Someone who's always there to have my back when I fall. And this time I'm falling hard. Feels weird, this world, when I'm the one going to a therapist and spilling my life while others can just pick up their stuff and move on. Can't believe they take me seriously. But they do. I think I had issues with myself and the world I didn't even know about...

I prefer losing myself into the slightly magical world of Cade and Ophelia. Even though it's an urban story, and it's not precisely the adventure genre anymore; it has a slightly... surreal... touch about it that enchants me. Maybe it's the falling rain and the rusted railings. Maybe it's the changing photograph and Cade's growing insanity. Maybe it's the quest to find the girl when it should be impossible. Well, it's something alright. And even though Cade and Ophelia have never met, they just feel right. I symphatize with them a way I haven't done before, without myself being the character; and this time he's mostly just himself. Unlike Woven, who is mostly me. Either way he has a lot of my thoughts in him, naturally.

As I've become obsessed with writing and with this novel I've begun to plot the story in my head, even when I'm not near my notebook or my laptop. Earlier tonight I had to write something down on the back of a receipt in my wallet because it showed up so inconveniently. Luckily, I always carry a pen, mind you. And I think the basic moves in the story are now known to me, although I'm debating the ending slightly to myself.

What the problem really is, is getting the characters through the middle of the book scene by scene, and ending up in the, well, end. The way there is long and rough and has a lot of gaps that need to be crossed.

Slightly optimistic about it though. Slightly.
Won't be online again until probably late Sunday night or even Monday (gasp! lucky I wrote so much so far!), so see you then.
POET in the JAR

2 comments:

  1. Inari really took over me yesterday. she made me write something, I´m not sure about. it feels... strange. I don´t know who is speaking there. is it me or she. and before I noticed it, I had written pages after pages. so fucking naive, but so beautiful. well, I haven´t read it again after writing it, so I can´t be sure it was worth all this words ;)
    but my point was: I know how you feel. Damn, NaNoWriMo is becoming like a drug.. I don´t know how to stop, when November is over... or can I stop anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nano IS a drug. Finally someone agrees with me. It's strange, sometimes I just go through something I wrote and go like "did I write that?! for real?" Other times it feels like I'm forcing it out, word by word, like a pain. But it's mostly addictive. And I bet fifty bucks you won't stop writing when November is over. ;)

    (Last year I was so excited over Nano that I made my own Nano. 50K over the two months preceding November. Writing the entire autumn... wonderful. Painful. But wonderful.)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories