Tuesday, July 26

Without Sound

After years and years I never thought I'd see this day
When I'm wide awake and can't even remember your voice
So seemingly brief and unimportant, so seemingly silly
To reminisce about these things that are better left forgotten
And still having forgot is what bothers me
Pierces straight through my heart
I thought these old wounds were quiet
Woven into scars the way they were
Woven into old images without sound
I was mistaken, deceived by myself
To ever think there was a stop to hell

And hell it is when you torture yourself with what was
You had the realization about mortality and shortage of time
It doesn't help, you can't make the minutes obey you
And sometimes during insomnia they rebel
They showcase what's really there under the surface
What you always run from, the monsters under the bed
The monsters in the darkness

You claim that the effects wore off eventually
And that you've done what you can to be finally be free
But your hollow lies don't impress or fool me
I know you for what you are and for what you've been
In the end, aren't you just human with all your flaws
Feeding on your own fear to build your life around
Old images that have lost their sound

And I can't even remember your voice

2 comments:

  1. I just freaking love this. Well, that's kind of over used line, isn't it?

    "After years and years I never thought I'd see this day
    When I'm wide awake and can't even remember your voice"

    "I was mistaken, deceived by myself
    To ever think there was a stop to hell

    And hell it is when you torture yourself with what was"

    because just wow. you hit the bullseye right there. a skill I greatly envy. I was suprised to see how "short" this one actually was but actually it made it just that bit more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I kind of thought it would turn out longer too, but it just ended there. I had no real say in it. Thank you so much, I didn't quite feel like I'd written something poetic or even beautiful, with this piece.

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories