Sunday, July 31

Writing Rant

Despite my previously mentioned ambition to post writing-related progress on my Twitter account, I can't help but drop by here and proudly say I just submitted my three-paged essay to the essay contest arranged by Vulkan. First prize is 10,000 SEK and an Iphone 4, but more importantly, the top contributors get to be published in an anthology with their essays. Sometime in August I will know how it went, meanwhile I'll be crossing all my fingers, arms and toes for luck. To be perfectly blunt and honest, I would rather go far in a contest of short stories than in one of essays, but they're all writing contests after all, and I've decided you've got to start somewhere. Remaining for the time being are three more short story contests and one contest for a play, which might be a challenge since it's entirely new to me to write plays. No matter how it goes in the contests, I'll be developing in the process, and writing challenging things will develop me twicely so!


I also had an idea to myself that if I shouldn't go far in any of these contests I will publish my own anthology with the stories and make them available that way. But now, I believe I'm going to continue re-reading Ophelia's Photograph and dwell in the sad yet beautifully worn world that is Cade's and Ophelia's.
POET IN THE JAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories