Friday, December 12

Silver Silk, Invisible Friend

You don't tell me. You don't say.
You don't share things with me these days.
I got the deepest scar when you bypassed me,
When you became my invisible friend.
I kept your picture on that wall,
For you it was a clear cut end.
What a low way to let me know,
when you knew I would read those words,
so I do it the opposite to how you'd hoped,
I give them no attention, I glance them by.
There are things more important,
or so I pretend.
It's definite now, it's on public display.
I try to forget that I ever had a say.
There was a dream once.
There was silver silk.
And you want to spare me,
with that spike of pain.
I only see your cowardice,
returning again.
Catch your dreams for all you want.
Forget what we spoke of, back in the days.
Just don't ask me to rewind and erase.
I read you now, are you happy?
Are you pleased with the miserable me?
Why do you have to be silent?
Why couldn't you ever just tell?
There was a dream once.
And there was a star.
I still care, with a piece of heart.
Why do you have to be silent?

4 comments:

  1. y'know... i just woke up and read this one here... and i cant tell u how happy i am.... really i love waking up to your words(and that usualy always happens :P )
    the words are flowing so smooth .... so deep.... i love it.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful piece of poetry, hon.. Keep them coming. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too bad I have to say =)...

    It is absolutely deliciuos and wiping a tear out of the corner of my eye seems evidently needed this time...

    Love you,duck.

    Cheers Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious dark appeal... ;)

    Well you know Ayan that's probably because I've taken it into habit to write everything off me in the middle of the night so that it won't keep me awake, lol. :D Thanks so much for saying that. It makes me so happy to know :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories