Friday, December 26

Surgery Table

There's something in my memory,
beautifully repressed.
You want to take it out of me,
emptily undressed.
I lie here on your surgery table,
cut open from my heart and out.
Will you settle once you know?
Once you've seen what it's about?

There's something in my memory,
clouded and untold.
You want to take it out of me,
and make my soul unfold.
I lie here on your surgery table,
ripped open from my core and out.
Will you settle once you've seen the dark?
Once you took it all apart?

There's something here for you to see.
As long as you, please, don't show it to me.
Take out the tumour from my beating heart.
I can beat better without it
I can breathe better without it

Will you settle once it's out?

7 comments:

  1. :o This is fucking brilliant !! *marks as a favorite of the favorites* XD

    But seriously, do you realize what you have written here? This is gold. :D You are awesome. <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There's something in my memory,
    beautifully repressed.
    You want to take it out of me,
    emptily undressed."

    The very first lines were strong enough to make my jaws drop.. :o (I cant get it back in its place now!!! :P )

    I agree with Alev here... You've got a golden piece here!! Really, this was more than a masterpiece... its an insanely amazing piece of poetry (and i cant stop myself from saying it again and again)

    Really, really proud of knowing such a talented artist like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Ayan watch those jaws :D Awww thank you so, so much for saying that... you are making me blush as I read your comments, I can tell this one really moved you guys from how you commented it.

    Somehow Ayan those lines just came to me and the rest was just to listen to what was being said inside my mind and type it up.

    Yeah Al somehow I'm very proud of this piece... it's like it was already written and I just gave voice to these words. I'm not sure I do realize what I've written here, but I have a feeling that it's unusually good as you tell me. =)

    Thanks you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah..i know exactly how it feels to get good feedback on your works! not many enjoy the feeling... and this piece deserves even more words than those i used, in awe of the brilliance of the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of Your VERY best Bex.. i mean.. wow.. just fucking wow.. what else can i say?

    Heres something:

    "There's something here for you to see.
    As long as you, please, don't show it to me.
    Take out the tumour from my beating heart.
    I can beat better without it
    I can breathe better without it"

    ^THESE LINES KICK ASS^
    you really have captured something powerful in this piece Bex, Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories