Thursday, December 18

I Taught Something

"Why are you quitting?"
"They can't fire the best teacher at the school."
"You're different from the other teachers."
"Can't you stay?"
"You could teach our classes instead."
"Even the other parts of the school wants you to stay."
"We went to the principal yesterday to protest."
"When I get older, I'm going to sue this school."
"We don't want to change teachers again!"
"I see a difference in these kids, and most of all since they got you here to teach them."
"It's strange that a shiny paper saying 'Teacher' should matter more than the kids."
"You're still going to visit, right?"
"Everyone in the class likes you, except those four, and they don't like anyone."
"I learn things in your classes."
"Let's bully the new teacher until she quits so we can have you back."
"It's really sad to have to see you go."
"I would have wanted you to stay. You have a good hand with these kids. There's a calm surrounding you, they're calm when they're with you. And in someone that young. How did you get so calm?"
"We should do something special tomorrow. A memory, so that you won't forget us!"
"I don't want to have any teacher but you."
"It's so unfair."
"When finally we get someone we really like they're firing you."
"I've never seen the kids so united for a cause. Never."
"I'll put in a good word for you when I see the principal. You made my son like the subject again, and he's always thought it was useless. I'll put in a good word, I promise you that."
"I don't want you to leave here!"

Me neither, kids. Parents. Colleagues.
Me neither.

5 comments:

  1. Oh hon... Keeping my fingers crossed they realize what a mistake they're making and keep you there. I can tell you really like it. *sends one unbearably huge hug over*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not fair... but the world is not better!!

    It is up to them if they want to fire their best teacher. Hope you know that.... You will always be my hubs!

    Hugs and big kisses from Notts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hon.. :/ *HUGS* Let's hope they realise how stupid they are to let you go.. And if they don't, it's their loss, I know you can do wonders in another job. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so easy to say that, people. I know I can do another job, the problem is to get it. We have job shortage up here by now :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, hon.. :/ Be patient and don't lose hope, I'm sure sth will come up eventually.. And if don't, you can always come here to company me and teach Swedish as a hobby. :P

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories