Monday, July 27

Tools To Fly

I can't give you the tools to fly
You should have learnt it yourself
By now

Maybe if I dropped you
From the fifth floor or so
You would learn the hard way
And you'd be gone from me
I'd teach you it was easier without me


I can't give you the wings to fly
You should have found them yourself
By now

Maybe all you need is a push
A hint of direction where to go
You would go the long way
And you'd be gone from me
I'd hurt you to make it easier
Without me


I can't give you the will to fly
You should have found it yourself
By now

Don't you see that I lied to you?
That otherwise you'd die for me
And I couldn't let you


I can't give you the wings to fly
You should have found it yourself
By now

And left me

5 comments:

  1. "Maybe if I dropped you
    From the fifth floor or so
    You would learn the hard way
    And you'd be gone from me
    I'd teach you it was easier without me"

    pure Poetry with a big P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure Holy Fucking Genius!!

    I feel like quoting the whole poem!!!

    I'm in total awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...continued..

    I bet you knew that already :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Maybe if I dropped you
    From the fifth floor or so"

    you crack me up!!

    "Don't you see that I lied to you?
    That otherwise you'd die for me
    And I couldn't let you"

    awww :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories