Friday, July 10

What's So Wrong With A Cinnamon Bun?

It's clear, where I got it from. Manodepression. Depressivity. Tendencies of sudden emotion attacks. Among else. And the answer lies in genes. I came to this conclusion after my beloved Mum had a complete outbreak of bursting emotion on me earlier today.
I said:
"Hi, you want a bun?"
And my Mum said:
"A bun can't comfort me. Nothing can comfort me. I'm angry with you, don't try to comfort me with a bun."
Me:
"Why? What did I do now?"
"You know very well what you have done."
Turned out, I didn't know what I'd done. But it had something to do with a pile of cardboard boxes lying around in my room (or, the room I was assigned when I moved back home, which has never really been my room), and something considerably more diffuse, having to do with me being a "small child" instead of a "grown child". Yay, accusations. My sis always replies to my stories of fighting with Mum, "You happy to live back home?" Haha, that really helps.
Mum kept on glaring at me with her famous evil eye for about an hour. Then I told her to go home from work instead of hanging around here. Apparently she was sticking around to see who else would say "mean things" to her. Hrm. Anyone who has lived close enough to my Mum knows she isn't exactly a heart of gold herself. I got sick of her insinuations and asked her to tell me exactly what I'd said that had made her so upset. She said sth about crying at work, then left the subject, and started telling some anecdote she'd heard on the radio.
It's like living with a giant cloud of mood swings whose middle name is Whiplash.
And what's so wrong with offering a bun?
War gifts did work in the past.
POET in the ASHTRAY JAR Who Isn't Entirely Sure Why She Felt The Urge To Call Herself Just That
Ahhh, I need a joint.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like my mom.. a bit. at least. sounds normal to me anyway. not normal normal, but "normal" you know. for example (this happened today)
    I was eating strawberries. I took one and mom said:
    "don´t eat them all, your sis wants them too"
    I put it away and then mom said:
    "that wasn´t what I meant, it doesn´t matter how nice I try to be, you always do something like that and then...." so she murmured, I didn´t hear the rest. can´t really understand what was the thing I did wrong :P so I see what you mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (about that strawberry thing, I had ate them a lot already, it wasn´t my first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we all have these things with our Mums. No matter how much we try, they think nothing is good or right. No matter how much they try, they think they aren't good enough or right.

    I think that's the whole issue. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty much so. and my granny is just like the same. so it never changes...?

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories