Thursday, July 2

Error, Mistake

Your constant disbelief in me
has made me what I am
I want to kick off faster
And bite back harder
than you'll ever think I can

I want you to proofread me
See if I'm the copy you wanted

Error, mistake
Unknown to your affection
Wellknown by your hate

You always look away from me
It's made me this disarmed
I want to kick off faster
And fight back harder
Drop the weight off my heart

I want you to assess me
See if I'm the daughter you wanted

Error, mistake
Unknown to your affection
Wellknown by your hate

I'm five years old again
And show you what I draw
You won't remember next second
What you saw

So why do I keep seeking your attention?
And want to be taken in by you
When I know that trying until I die
is all I'll ever do?

Unknown by your affection
Wellknown by your hate

I know
You don't want my things lying around
Staining your otherwise perfect house

And your hate becomes apathy
And there's only empty space for me
You wanted to know why I always felt lonely
There's the answer, in front of you

That you never wanted to see

3 comments:

  1. "Your constant disbelief in me
    has made me what I am
    I want to kick off faster
    And bite back harder
    than you'll ever think I can"

    wowwowwowow! :O this is awesome :)<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm five years old again
    And show you what I draw
    You won't remember next second
    What you saw"

    holy fuck! :O

    This one's overflowing with emotions! Overflowing is the wrong word actually, cos it EXPLODING with emotions. a kid can understand the depth of this poem with just one read!

    I want to tell you that everything's gonna be all right, though I know it wont help you right now. But the truth is that it WILL get right in time and you know it. I just wish you hang on tightly till then.

    This piece is surely one of your best!

    Hugs
    Ayan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both of you. I just needed to get these feelings out of me. We'll see what the future holds :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories