Friday, May 11

The Darkness I Pace

Don't cast your light on me
It would be a waste of time
I'll still be pacing the darkness,
Under star-less, gloomy skies.
Don't try to lay those eyes on me
I'd only look down and turn away
Cause I know I don't deserve your love
Or at least not in that way.
So don't you try to enlighten me
It's only a matter of time
Before the darkness I pace races my mind
And I'm engulfed, swallowed up inside,
I can finally rest,
under gloomy skies.
_________________________________

The Poet's back. Back in action. Back in attack. The Poet's sick of having the Glass walls hinder her in every move she tries to make. Having the Glass blocking her every thought. Her every feeling. She read somewhere that some people enjoy being all miserable, you know, damaged, difficult and misunderstood. Whoever wrote that had obviously never been miserable.
But there's light in there. Somewhere in the tunnel. A light that hopefully doesn't come from a speeding train...
POET in the JAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories