Wednesday, May 16

Trail of the Comet

Should I chase the fireworks,
hasting away,
just to see how it feels
when I touch them?
Should I follow the fireflies,
chasing the night,
just to see how it feels
when I join them?
I'm thinking I will,
yes, I actually might,
I'm hunting you down, Comet,
starting tonight.
___________________________

Can't wait until tomorrow... Something good is gonna happen, something really good. I can feel it. Like it's making my body tingle and shiver all over. Yeah, can't wait until tomorrow...
I had a strange dream tonight, or should I say this morning. I was on the bus, talking to the man sitting next to me, when suddenly he took out a sharpened pen and started stabbing himself on the inside of his palms. It was so unexpected, just flung right at me from the middle of a dream that to begin with felt so warm and reassuring. I'm so sick of that. Whenever you think things are looking up, something swings down on you, reaching for you, trying to trick your feet and make you stagger, make you fall.
I aint gonna fall, not now, and not for quite a while either. I know what it's all about. You don't have to build yourself a life out of dishes, dirty clothes to wash, dinners to cook, cats to feed, exams to study for, jobs to jump in at when someone gets sick. All that don't matter, it's unimportant. Your real life is who you are. What's in your head and your heart. Your thoughts, your emotions. And what you use them for. That's what's really you. No love will ever fill that hole in your heart. No company will ever make you feel less lonely. All that matters is you, and what you got in there, and what you can do with it.
I'm so tired of shallow people. Surrounding themselves with expensive perfumes and Gucci bags so that they can feel like they actually fit in somewhere, like someone actually cares. But you put your perfume on and walk the streets with your Gucci bag and see if it makes you happy. See if it makes you feel better. Or if it's just your satisfaction over being born better off than others. Born into a world where houses with neat lawns matter more than if an orphan on the other side of the globe will live or die.
No... I'm just sick of it. This. Everything. I'll live my everyday life and sometimes, I'll be happy about it.
But I'll always be different. Because I know.
POET in the JAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories