Saturday, May 19

Simply A Vampire

I still remember,
haven't forgot.
If I was with you,
or if I was not.
I still could remember,
can't help that I would.
You were simply a vampire,
misunderstood.
__________________________

I know it's gone. Flown away. Never to return. But the thoughts of it trace me. Make things glimmer, make things bright. Strange how you can endure every passing day feeding from thoughts of the glowing, shimmering past.
I'm done with looking in from the outside, it's time to start looking out from the inside instead, starting now.
What if I said I don't want no imaginary friends anymore?
I'm the Poet, in the Jar,
Don't come near,
Don't go too far,
Cause I'm the Poet,
With screeching claws,
Myself a monster,
I'll open my jaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories