Thursday, March 6

Memories Half-Made

I used to look at you
like I hated you
I used to wish you'd leave me
all behind
I used to open my door for you
and hope you would just get out
I used to run around this place
and clear it from your stuff
I used to put it all in a paper bag
and wonder why the scent
never washed off
I gave you my key
hoping you'd break in
I gave you my trust
hoping you'd abuse it
I used to love it when you tossed all my words
right back in my face
But now
I just look past you
Past the paper bags
in the hallway
and past the memories
half-made
Trying to ignore the fact
that we've made a life out of it
and we're both more invisible
than ever
I used to look at you
like I felt something
but now I'm empty
Now that hate
just aint
me

5 comments:

  1. thats a very personal poem, but its beautiful all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking back, pian, love, hate, hope.... truely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. It came straight from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not enough words to describe it... So beautiful... :) Wish it didn't have to be this sad. :(

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories