Thursday, March 27

Disbelief

I look at her in disbelief
Is it possible she could be me?
She doesn't act like I would act
And never reacts like I'd react

I want to hit her just to wake her up
Is it possible I have made her up?
She doesn't say what I would say
And always goes another way

Don't tell me I'm her spitting image
It's the mirror's job to echo her face
She isn't strong, she's going to waste
As she pastes her lies, mimics my pace

What ugly tricks you try and play
Convincing me we're one and same
While I do all the good and right
The rest of it is hers to blame

She doesn't look at all like me
She doesn't do a thing like me
I stare at her in disbelief
Is it possible she could be me?

5 comments:

  1. This is one of your best too!! I'm like in love with it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is one hell of an idia, looking at youurself hmmmm its amazing and the poem itself describes it perfectly :x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it shows a true conflict, a confusion, yet one so familiar to so many people... including myself, especially now. Great poem Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the things that always amazes me is when people find pieces of themselves in my poems and songs. That shows I'm far from alone seeing or feeling certain things, and also proves I've been able to mediate that feeling or thought in a good way. =)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories