Wednesday, December 16

For The Ferry

A penny for your thoughts
Or will you give them for free?
Will you share your dreams
With someone like me?

There's a magical wallet
You can open only if you own it
And I open mine, with force
Only specks of dust inside
No rubies, no fortunes

I have plenty of dreams and imagination
Of high flying hopes and desires
But not any wrinkled bills
To pay for your thoughts

Do you have two coins for the ferry?
To place upon your eyes?
I'll close them for you
Place there my last pennies
They're of better use to you

How come you have to pay in death
When you spend all your life
At a cost too high?

But don't worry
No matter how dried up it gets
I'll always save you two bronze pennies
To pay for the ferry

I've got your retirement covered

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories