Tuesday, December 1

Driftwood

It never got to you, did it
Any of the words I wrote
Waiting for you
Hating you
You never read them
Did you

Don't explain
You're a stranger now
You don't get a second chance
To break things off
You should have thought of that
The first time
The ending time

I don't want to drop another guitar
Loudly on the floor
And hear it clinging distantly
Remember you used to play it
I plastered it with stickers
Of my bands
To make it mine
But it still feels like yours
When I look at it
It sounds like yours
Every time

I don't recognize you
Who is that in your coat?
You gave it up?
You stayed afloat?

Why aren't you dying
Why didn't you stop
Why didn't you feel me
Through the link

It never got to you, did it
The songs I wrote
For the missing

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories