Thursday, December 10

Flashes

Yesterday I had another breakdown
Another seizure in this small town
This place seems gray
And full of ashes
Have I betrayed my fireworks
My glimpses and flashes?

Yesterday I was attacked again
Another downfall, I was struck again
It's still so empty here
Echoing down my walls
Do you find your apartment now
Empty at all?

Yesterday I had a glimpse of you
And you took me over, in your absence
Only because I let it all go
The first time since you left
That I didn't pretend

For once I did nothing but simply being
And immediately it's you I'm seeing
You haunt me like a ghost,
Just by not being here
Call me a fool
But I miss you

And sometimes I wish you were around to see the flashes

Sometimes in my life there are flashes of light

Fireworks, that get me through the day
And I'll surpass this and survive
No matter how small or faded
The flashes I'll remember
The flashes always stay

POET in the JAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories