Thursday, December 17

Freedom Cocaine

Who have I become?
A stranger in the mirror
Ready to go fetch the scissor pair
Ripping a wound here and there
Shooting ink through here and there

My cocaine is different from yours
It's the pain that is my obsession
I've become so keen to feel alive
That I'm closing on the border
Where I give it up and die

I remember older, other times
When I didn't have these thoughts
When my heart was a treasure chest
Or so I have been told
I confided in my empty sheets
Of paper that I threw away
And slept in my empty sheets
By the end of every lonely day

Why did this return to me?
Just when I thought I was living
That I was breathing
It's all still here, under my skin
I wish I'd never let you in

You can never make up for it
Your ghouls still chase after me
And I can't wait to leave here
I can't wait to be set free

But do you really call it freedom
When all I do is run away
And wherever I run
You'll always catch up with me

You'll never leave me be

6 comments:

  1. "Who have I become?
    A stranger in the mirror
    Ready to go fetch the scissor pair
    Ripping a wound here and there
    Shooting ink through here and there

    My cocaine is different from yours
    It's the pain that is my obsession
    I've become so keen to feel alive
    That I'm closing on the border
    Where I give it up and die"

    why does this sound familiar to me? :D

    yeah. those lines feel like I agree with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably cause I wrote it right after our talk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah, I knew it! :D great that I inspired you somehow, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write much and so beautiful....but sometimes quite depressing....
    Hope you have time for other things too in life....
    But enjoy writing...
    After all it's your best friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I'm very flattered!

    Yes, indeed. I usually say writing is my only friend, well at least it is the one I've kept the longest. Thank you for your concern =)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories