Saturday, September 5

Year Of Music

It really is like I've stated before, 2009 is the year of music! After getting started on Spotify earlier today, I made a strange rediscovery of one of my favorite bands, Sounds Like Violence. A cover song I'd never heard from them before called Sammy, which is part of a tribute album for Afghan Wigs.
Had a hunch and went to their website. Found out they are releasing a new full-length album called The Devil On Nobel Street this year on November 9th. Amazing! I have been listening to their first albums, one full-length and one demo-like one, since 2006 and I know their every song by heart. Wonderful. And precisely the news I needed!
Other than that, of course POTF are a lot in the spotlight for me considering the meeting back in August. And I'm again listening, and loving their songs. Rockstar has overheard me listening, and before I knew it, I found Locking Up The Sun on a mixed CD he'd made. I'm pretty impressed by me (almost as much as by him). Well, knew he had nice taste, since he spent the week I was away in Finland learning how to play Carnival Of Rust, and we've played and sung that together.
Also only 19 days until finally I get to see Dead By April live. Awesome! Another wonderful Sticky Fingers night, I am sure. One month after that we've got the Swedish rock guys in Takida to look forward to.
Oh, and I almost forgot the song Monster by Itchy Daze, which you can not allow yourself to miss. Stumbled across this band after hearing them on Bandit (I have that radio station to thank for a LOT). Check them out!
POET in the JAR
Well, have to salvate myself with something.

2 comments:

  1. now I gotta listen to some music :) damn you! <3
    for me year 2009 seems to be the year of music, too :)because I may get to see Sunrise Avenue live, my first and biggest love ever :) (they made fell in love with music). so let´s see what happens.
    music is so BIG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw them back in 2006 and actually I have a live photo from that gig on my VISA card. xD They were pretty cool live, I hope you'll have fun!

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories