Thursday, September 4

Dead End Alley

Pity me all you want that I dream.
That I find my escapes in dreamscapes,
and make my world of makebelieve.
Tell me all you want it's a one way street,
I'll still have known some love for me.
In the end all that matters is what I saw,
the things I treasured and watched in awe.
Mock me all you want that I dream.
That I believe in the scenes I draw for myself.
Tell me all you want it's a dead end alley,
I'll still have known some love for me.
I know all the pains there is of living,
all the horror there is of love.
Anything is better than apathy.
Anything is better than not to be.
And in that respect you were good for me.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant poetry! I especially loved how you ended it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwws thanks dear *speaks british* ^^ :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the power and unbidden anger in your words. Very well put together, great Job Bex!

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories