Sunday, September 21

However It Is

They tell me you play tricks on me.
Twirl me around your finger.
That I'm not alone about not letting go.
However it is they could possibly know.

They tell me it's been four months and a half.
And still I'm stubborn enough to linger.
They say that it's time now, time to let go.
However it is they could possibly know.

They tell me not to repeat their mistakes,
that I'm treading old dangerous grounds.
That I'm doing it because I enjoy to do so.
However it is they could possibly know.

I told them it's not because of you that I cry.
That you're just the one I can show my tears to.
They'll never believe me, I know, I have tried.
Even though this is what it comes down to.

They tell me you have aces, up your sleeves.
Aces that will have no gain for me.
I'll see for myself as I've entered the game.
I'll make your mistakes,
but they won't be the same.

5 comments:

  1. Wow... I don't really know what else to say. This is going into the top 5 of your best and my favorites.. I love it honey, couldn't have been more beautifully written. <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thank you... *blushes hard* I had this idea that you peeps would find it too un-timeless or sth... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, its great :D I agree with alev, one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'll make your mistakes,
    but they won't be the same."

    Most wonderful quote in CREATION!! I'm in love with this poem, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, MAGNIFICENT.. those words dont cut it Bex. They Just dont.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :o

    Awwwwwwww million thanks...! really, a million...!

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories