Sunday, September 21

Rich Of Colors

Someone told me to look for colors.
Chase after the few small things still precious, in a black and white, cold and hostile world, a place where we are what we see, and feel what we define ourselves by... to treasure rare moments of the present rather than to cloak myself in the darkness of the past, somehow, in order to build myself a brighter future.
Someone told me to look for jewels.
Hidden gems.
What is still of value in a world where value is overrated... and misinterpreted.
My father always tell me that you can be rich of other things than money. And I know what he means by it. I think it was the best lesson he could ever teach me, making me learn how to live in the moment, live by the day, treasuring the few beautiful things, the few colors on a grey palette.
And then there was the someone talking about the colors.
About the good.
That I saw only the black of the world, and to get out of it I had to start out small, had to look closely for more colors. For what was not apparent for the eye. That some things that make life easier are harder to find, but repays you twice as much as what makes life harder and is easy to find...
I'm taking your advice. Staying inside. Looking outside. Through the glass I can see some colors. Slowly, to my eyes, they come alive. I let them be part of the moments that build my life. I let them be seconds of the hours that make my time. I will travel through darkness for all that I know, but among it there will be patches of light.
There'll be patches of color.
And it will help me endure.
Help me take those baby steps.
Some advice sticks with you.
THANK YOU.

6 comments:

  1. thanks hon... <3 it brings me a strange sort of melancholy smile to my face :) but any smile is good right? like rayne said, even smiling through your tears is better than no smile <3 *chases colors*

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww.. this is wonderful, hopefully with all this color the blackness will be drowned, and you wont have to worry about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. hopefully yeah... it goes in waves it does :/ today i have quite many nice colors though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. This morning I got another one, a really truly amazing one... painfully beautiful ^^ the sun hitting the road through the trees and through the mist, and I've never in my life seen the sun so bright, never :) it was like in a dream <3 *puts for safekeeps*

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories