Sunday, September 14

Maybe If

Maybe if you closed your heart
you'd be safer.
Maybe if you didn't vent.
Maybe if you stuck with me,
your unchosen blood.
Maybe if you weren't so careless.
Maybe if you didn't feel.
No one close enough to scar you.
No one to tear you in pieces.
Maybe you could close your soul
and be safer.
I know I don't have much to offer.
I know I'm not what you want.
But I never falter.
I'm always here.
Maybe if we closed our hearts.
Maybe if we didn't choose new blood.
It'd be safer.
You wouldn't fall.
But sister,
you wouldn't fly either.

____________________________

I wrote this one for my sis in her time of need. Universe is free to fuck with me and I'm getting used to the idea, but leave my sis alone. She's none of yours to claim.
THE POET IN THE JAR

6 comments:

  1. awwwww this is not only an incredible piece of poetry but also such a sweet dedication :)

    Hope your sister crawls out of whatever trouble ails her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too :/ Thank you :) it was long since i wrote for someone else but me, i am too ego hahaha ^^ :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. *egotistic

    Grammar nazi to the Rescue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ego-T-istic?! Who is the grammar nazi here?? xD xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. heyy the T is used, can be spelled without the T if you want BUT i'm still right :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories