Thursday, September 11

Word Count, New Person

Got a new project up and working along with Bad Seed 88. Visit the body art gallery at http://www.handsomehands.blogspot.com and check it out for yourselves! It's still having a little bit of a fresh start, but we've got a few goodies up and going already as it is.

Got a response from the agent today, after sending in the hotsheet a few days back. I almost get startled every time they email me, it's still so surreal. Especially since all the fuzz is about the first novel and I'm currently very much preoccupied with the sequel, hitting 12,000 words yesterday (applause!). I've been warned that the process from now on will take some time, but as she wrote me, if nothing happens during the first 30 days as they use the database searches, they will turn to more "aggressive" sales methods (yes, I also imagined this with twenty agents running around knocking doors with giant clubs in their hands threatening about the apocalypse, but these were the words she chose). Now only remains the hardest part: waiting... patience, Lee, patience!

I also have this weird idea that I will try and change myself. Hence the new layout, my new nick at facebook, my renewed passion for art etcetera. I want to push every thought of the past away and just make a new person. Lee is standing before you, behold. She's got the best bits and pieces of the old bex, she just doesn't give a damn about the parts rusting and starting to mould.

Oh, and she writes the hell out of life also.

Except for those news... I got the teacher's job. I'm quite happy about it but also nervous, beyond compare. I don't know how to teach Swedish or make term plans or talk to parents... yikes! Haha. Well, since it's just for the term we'll see how I'll survive. It'll look pretty freaking awesome in my resumé when the time comes. First job is hardest to get! And seeming how easy it was to get this I'm almost scared how many jobs I'll be able to choose from later on... haha. My philosophy right now is don't worry until Monday... a few last days in freedom, right?

Well, Congrats!
Says the Poet in the Jar, seemingly out of nowhere

PS. This means no more weekends at the gas station. Been wanting out for ages... DS.

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME BEX!!!! hahahaha Gonna be awesome to hear about your teaching venture :) Enjoy your freedom while you can :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah isn't it? Gonna be awesome to try and be the one doing it, hahaha :D Oh for sure I will ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you got the job!!! :D better make sure those last few days of freedom are worth it though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I think I've managed that! :p but i wouldnt mind a few more either :D

    yeah... wow so nervous :S :D

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories