Sunday, August 5

The Safe

And here's Captain, signing in again, as to not disappoint you guys with seldom posting. Now, let me defend myself and say that the hours I didn't spend at work this week, I've spent doing very much Jiggery-Pokery stuff, like at least one activity a day. Outdoors, even! All without alcohol, yeay! Well, if you don't count yesterday, I guess... but that was an exception. Besides, that was like the perfect level of drunkness, happy and a little oozy, but not feeling sick. My head's aching a little bit today, though, and in a strange way, I'm having an unexplainable desire to eat yoghurt. Someone tell me how that is? Ha, ha. All in all, I figure it was an unusually nice evening out, met a lot of folks I like and had a lot of fun with 'em. People - I love you!
I told Nikki about the safe I got inside my head the other day. You know, you got this place inside you, and whenever you feel like you're going to be sad, you just put all your sad thoughts and feelings in there and turn the key. And then, when you know you got them in a safe place, you can think of other things and be happy about it, cause you know you aint losing anything, you're just replacing them, for a better time. Well, he didn't react the way I woulda wanted him to, like. I think he thinks I'm manipulating my own mind, or something. But for me it aint nothing else but a way to channelize my thoughts, a way to deal with them, so that I'm more consistently the funnier-to-be part of me.
I wrote this little piece of something the other day and thought it sounded good when I sang it, but when I was gonna write it down, it was like it just faded away from me and I forgot what I wanted to say with it as well as how it was that I wanted to say it. But, here goes, before I forget completely. Feel free to make suggestions.

I hate how you are perfect when I got all these flaws
You would never step aside but for me
it happens from time to time
It happens that I slip while you know everything
about me, but still you are the one I see
when I dream

I'm sorry I can't be perfect but I miss you
Don't it matter? Don't it matter?
I'm sorry I can't be perfect but I love you
Don't it matter? Don't it matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories