Wednesday, January 2

Nails And Claws

Shit. Shit, shit, shit. I just got off the phone with Nisse. And you know what? Turns out we don't have any guarantee to get in to the C course, that we're planning to take this spring. And guess what? There are 50 appliants and only 32 open spots. And what do they go after first? If you've passed all the parts of the A and B course.
I still have two retakes to do. Both after the final application date. How the hell am I gonna round up those points in order to pass? It doesn't matter if I pass since the retakes are after the set application date.
This sucks. I'm placed as reserve number 10 on one of the subcourses and number 15 on the other one. There's no chance in hell they're gonna take me in.
And you know what bothers me the most?
Apart from the fact that no one whatsoever at the university has told us about all this and that it might be a good idea to have a backup plan?
It's just that I know I can do it. I know that I'm better than most of the students in my class. But since I assumed we were guaranteed a spot like the last two terms, I didn't study enough for one test.
It's so unfair!
I'm so dependent of my student's allowance! If I don't get in, I don't get student's allowance, meaning I'm not gonna be able to pay my bills and I'll be evicted from this dream apartment right after I've moved in.
How can they do this to us?
How could we possibly know that for the C course, there were different rules, than for the A and B course, if not a soul bothered to inform us?
I just feel like curling up in a corner and cry. I don't know what the hell to do. Even I am helpless in this situation.
I'll tell you something. I am so not going to give up my space for someone else. I deserve that space, I've worked so hard to get there, no way I'm gonna sit silently by and watch as they ruin my life.
I'm gonna fight for this with nails and claws.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, sweetheart, I hope things will work out. You know where to find me if you need to talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope it'll work out too. I've been making calls trying to figure stuff out all day. Our vice principle says if I make the upcoming retake it shouldn't be a problem to get in, even if I'm placed as a reserve at the moment... it will probably work out nicely. Guess I worked myself up a bit too much before I had researched it all better :) Anyway I'm glad it's straightening out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good that everythings going fine, I was worried as I read this, it'd suck to finally get that appartment waved seductively in your face and then lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew!

    I'm glad it's gonna work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad too :) Glad you're concerned :P It seems it's going to go well at the moment. I picked up the exam I failed today and now I know what they were looking for that I didn't pass. Can you believe that they flunked me on Swedish ---> English translation cause I did it "too freely"? When we were prepping for the test I asked my teacher if this was going to be a more free translation than the random sentences we've been doing all term. And he said that it was, since we were now going to translate a whole text. So, I translate it pretty much freely but sticking to the contents of the original, and what do I get?
    "You translate to freely on this free translation exercise."
    Blow me. :D XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. THATS NOT FAIR! I mean COME ON! you write english better than many of the people I know!

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories