Thursday, January 24

No Loopholes

Right, I thought I'd keep y'all updated with a quickie post before breakfast (don't judge me. I have the day off). Today I received the contract from the agency right into my inbox. I've had it signed electronically and returned it to sender, so now I'm waiting for a confirmation email. The contract looked really good, no loopholes, just logical. They get paid only if I get paid and so on. I also have the right to cancel the contract within 74 hours after I've sent it, or within 90 days if nothing has happened. (Yeah, likely that I will, now I finally got this far, but what the heck. Nice to know it's doable.) I also sent an email to a certain adress as instructed in the contract email, to get a referee for a formal critique. I've heard it been said that it won't take any more than a week to go through the critique once it's paid for, I hope that's true, cause I'm really curious what someone outside the project will have to say about it. A little anxious that it'll be totally dissected... but hey, they took me in, so there's gotta be some quality over it. I believe what I'll get back is foremost remarks on mechanics, like how to use quotation marks or stuff like that, and that should be easy to fix. Well, since they haven't got the ending included in the manuscript, maybe a remark on the somehow incomplete plot will also be made, ha, ha. Well, the agency says it doesn't really matter if the story's finished before you perform the critique, the tips and hints you get there will just help you to finish it. I hope they are right.
Standing by to see what happens next.
Right now I gotta get me something to eat!

6 comments:

  1. Hope the critique comes out in your favor, though I doubt it wouldn't. Congrats a million times for how far you've gotten :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything goes swell, then I'm incredibly happy for you! :D Keep me updated, you know I'm unbelieably curious and impatient. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, congrats, hope you hit the market hard :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories