Monday, January 28

A Hundred Shades Of Different Greys

Grey is the essence
of my absent belief
Grey are the nuances
of all my grief
Everything in grey colours
is how it used to be

But then the grey
grew stronger
somehow
And it's all been turned
to black
by now

I know how much I hated it
and still I want it back
Grey is at least endurable
compared to the intensity
of black

I see it all in black now
I see it all in black
And a hundred shades
of different greys
still beats the one tone
of black
____________________________

I felt I wanted to comment on these lyrics. Been a while since I did that. This song is a bit different from what I usually write, there's basically just one part that's the verse part and then we have the ending, which would count as it's refrain. After this the song simply repeats from the beginning. The text took form before the melody on this one. I was writing a poem while pondering over the emotions of one of my characters and it just struck me how it sound if it was sung. And that's how it was turned into lyrics instead. It's not exactly a masterpiece, but it captures a certain feeling very well, and spot on. The feeling of grief. You may have thought your life felt insignificant before, that it was all grey, and you never knew you could feel anything stronger. And then when grief hits you, it's as if all those grey things are like, multiplied by ten in power, and it takes form of the darkest darkness, the blackest of black, imaginable to the human mind.
A voice of grief. That is the origin of this piece.
Thank you for reading it through.

6 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful. But I hope you feel a lot better than that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Becca! I cant see you feeling so terrible with such good news carrying you on your shoulders but if you are me and Alev are always ready to talk :)

    You explained the song to perfection so i really cant write anything else

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah absolutely! You know we are here for you whenever you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, mates :) Don't worry. This piece is an illustration of a character's emotions. It might reflect a bit of myself too, the way you always find yourself inside your writing, but I'm not that down :D It's good to know you're there, though. =)

    And thank you for liking the piece =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing, i liked the firt two parts best, and hey your blog's grey and black for some time now, got to do anything with this???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Amin :) No, not really, the blog changing was just me in the mood of change :P But observant there! :D

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories