Monday, January 28

Patience, The Poet, Patience

Got the contract back today, countersigned by the contract administrator at the agency. Along with it were even more instructions on how to proceed from here... I think that if I read any more of it I'm gonna go goggle-eyed. But yeah, I got the gist of things thanks to all the long emails, so I'm not gonna complain. I sent my account info to the critique firm and still they haven't withdrew the modest amount from my bank account, but since there's just been a weekend I suppose I gotta give them a break. The letter with payment instructions said it might take up to four business days before you'll hear from them, and counting since Thursday it's only been three. Patience, the Poet, patience. If I aint heard nothing by tomorrow I'll resend the email.
We'll see what happens.
They say that you gotta be in it for the long run, since going via a normal publicist takes time, and I understand that. I've signed the contract running for a year, and I'm pretty confident I'll sign for another year once this one's done out, in case nothing has happened. No doubt, this agency has more benefits than any other I've been looking in to, and I'm not gonna let them down now that they have embraced me and my piece. Besides, if I was into my writing for the sake of having it published as soon as possible instead of for the story's sake, I wouldn't last long in the industry anyway. (Can't help but to imagine some happy scenarios in my head though, I admit.)
Wrote a few rows on the novel yesterday, but it went really slow. I guess I'm still too worked up about it (is that possible? I should have digested it by now) to really be able to throw myself into the novel again. Although that hasn't stopped me from thinking about it. I'm thinking about it all the time. Of what's gonna happen next, about how I'm gonna write it, about the characters, about the ending... it's constantly buzzing in my head. So why is it that none of that comes out when I'm sitting in front of the screen?
Dammit.
Tonight's the first lesson of my evening class, that'll be interesting. Feels weird to go all day doing nothing knowing you're going to school in the evening, haha.
Don't know what else to tell you, except that a little piece of lyrics are coming up after this post. Keep your eyes open.
Huggies for y'all.

4 comments:

  1. What you feel is pure excitement. I mean who wouldn't, what's to come is just great for you! :D It'll take some time for you to get used to the idea I think, but don't worry about it. You'll finish your book. I believe in you. You will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it'll take a while to get over the excited glee of things, but surely it shouldn't take much longer. You'll be back to writing soon enough, have patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you're right. =D I even wrote a couple of pages on the train the other day. I've never known a story that affected me this much, it really is constantly on my mind, all the time. When I read through what I have written it's as if all the pieces of the puzzle just makes sense. And even though there were parts I wanted to take out of the story before, now it feels as if they should stay. I will finish it before trying to alter the storyline, though. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great attitude, cuz if you alter it so early you'll ruin yourself then and there.

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories