Sunday, July 15

Seize The Day

I'm gonna be amazing but I'm still growing,
I'm gonna be a torch but for now I'm only glowing.
Whatever happens I'm okay,
Whatever happens I'll seize the day.
I'm gonna be something good but I'm still learning,
I'm gonna light up lives but can't control my burning.
Whatever happens I'm okay,
Whatever happens I'll seize the day.
You knew I was a bird when you saw me about,
I've learnt to live in cages but I'll always want out.
I'll be ready for you when all this is done,
I'll be ready when hunger no longer will come.
Whatever happens, we'll be okay,
Whatever happens we can seize the day.
Whenever I'm sane and not deranged,
Whatever happens... I'll seize the day.

2 comments:

  1. This poem is truely beautiful... A wonderful point of wiew toward the future. It makes you smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that happens! Mostly my poems are very sad, guess this one's an exception. :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories