Wednesday, September 5

Prisoner Of Mind

For you I'd wait 'til kingdom come
Until my days, my days are done
And say you'll come and set me free
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me.

Coldplay / Til Kingdom Come
________________________________

I've got all these thoughts buzzing in my head, wheeling about in there, confusing me, at the same time as they make things easier. I don't understand how people bare to have this carousel inside them all the time. And if I think this is tough, then consider how many people live in this country, on this continent, in all of this world. Every single one is having just as complicated series of thoughts, it might even be in this very moment. Aint that a hell of a workload for, say, someone who could hear all these arguments tripping over themselves, encouragements, down-feelings, every thought! Guess the only one who could would be God, but since I don't really believe there's someone up there, least not now he's seen what free will does to people - well, the conclusion I draw is that if there exists someone who could read all these minds, well, then I'd have to admit it would be some kind of supernatural being. Not denying or confirming anything. Anyway, maybe this is the reason why I tend to feel uncomfortable when there's a lot of people moving around, all of their thoughts and feelings, the idea that all of them are wrestling with such feelings and thoughts that I do, or similar at least, it's just overwhelming, I can't get it into my head. Well, pondering about it, actually, I can't get this idea out of my head.
How do people gather the strength to keep going in life? Don't they ever just realize that there's no point, it don't take us anywhere. But no, folks are too busy worrying about themselves and how they're gonna live up to their dreams and how to redecorate their homes, anything to keep outta mind what's all gonna happen to us in the end, that when they're gone they aint gonna matter anymore, it's just one person more or less. I think most people have thoughts like these when they're like me, young and critical and stuff, but after a while they get sick of trying so hard for nothing, and as they grow older, all they care about is to make themselves happy enough as not to regret how they lived their lives when they die. I'm not saying it's wrong, it just strikes me as a bit unfair. Look, we got this one life in this world. (For you who might believe in reincarnation, we've got this one life at a time in this world.) And this one chance to do something, to make a difference, to matter to people. We shouldn't be fighting over the silliest stuff, or waging war, there shouldn't be a need for anyone to be hostile against eachother. I don't understand why people just can't let eachother be. People! You don't have to hold hands, but couldn't you just accept the fact that people think and live differently, and leave eachother alone?
Why is it that this is so hard? I think if you asked the people of this world what they truly desired, and they were given the chance to speak absolutely freely, the majority of the answers you'd get would not be the words 'go to war'. Too many of us out there are brainwashed by those who hold the power. Yeah, you gotta do this for the sake of your country, you gotta do this to keep us free, but the moment you let them words sink in, free is the exact opposite of what you are. You are a prisoner of your own mind and of the impressions that are stuffed into your head about who you should act like, what you should think and what you should be.
I'm gonna illustrate this with the refrain of POTF song Illusion and Dream.

It's whatever makes you see (Others decide what you should see)
makes you believe
(And you believe in what you are shown)
And forget about the premonition you need to conceive (And forget that you have a mind of your own)
That the images they sell are illusion & dream (You don't understand that you are being fooled)
In other words dishonesty (That it's all a game they play with you)

Signed,
THE POET IN THE JAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories